Nikon Corporation announced the release of the D610, its latest Nikon FX-format digital SLR camera.
D610 Primary Features
Nikon’s exclusive technologies for superior image quality
– An effective pixel count of 24.3-million pixels and an FX-format CMOS sensor for superior image quality over a broad range of standard sensitivities
– The EXPEED 3 image-processing engine with high-speed processing capabilities
– Auto white balance that achieves natural color reproduction
– Picture Control for accurate reflection of user intent or creativity
– NIKKOR lenses that maximize the superior rendering performance of the D610
High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 6 fps for up to 100 shots, and quiet continuous shooting at approximately 3 fps
Superior basic performance and operation
– AF system with 39 densely packed focus points, 7 of which are f/8 compatible
– Scene Recognition System with highly precise and practical auto functions
– An optical viewfinder with approximately 100% frame coverage
– Double memory card slots for effective use of 2 SD memory cards
– Built-in flash capable of wireless multiple-flash control
A compact, lightweight Nikon FX-format camera
The D610 offers rendering performance and superior basic performance that challenges that of our high-end models.
Recording of 1920 x 1080/30p full-HD movies that make a variety of forms of expression possible
Multi-area mode Full HD D-movie: Offers two movie formats, FX-based movie format and DX-based movie format, for recording of full-HD 1920 x 1080/30p movies. Users can choose the format that best suits the way in which the final movie will be used. The FX-based movie format makes full use of the large image sensor and offers a shallow depth-of-field with an emphasis on blur characteristics while the DX-based movie format is optimal for recording movies that bring subjects closer.
Time-lapse photography: This function enables recording of movie files consisting of photos automatically captured at a specified interval over a specified period of time. The still photos are combined and the resulting movie can be played back at a speed of 24-36,000x. This function is optimal for recording of very slow-moving subjects, such as clouds moving across the sky. This allows users to express their own individual intent.
Support for a variety of accessories for complete system expansion
The D610 offers users powerful support for their photography with system expansion that includes support for wireless accessories such as the Wireless Remote Controllers WR-R10/WR-T10 and Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1b